Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Malmo and are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d).
Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
- Be a core member of the Nordics team, providing comprehensive legal support and advice to the BayWa r.e. project teams across the Nordics business
- Procuring, managing and reviewing legal advice provided by external law firms as well as providing your own recommendations and advice to the teams
- Providing drafting and negotiation support in relation to contracts for the realisation of renewable energy projects such as Land Option Agreements, Land Leases, Grid Connection Agreements, PPAs, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Agreements (EPC-
- Due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation support in relation to business development activities
- Providing drafting support in relation to finance and sale documentation including LOI, MoU, mandate letters, facilities agreements, NDAs, Exclusivity Agreements, APAs and SPAs
- Working with the Project Management and central legal department to implement core processes and systems to enable efficient contract agreement and management
- Overseeing the general corporate in relation to the Nordics business
- Qualified solicitor with a valid practising certificate in one or more Nordic country but with Sweden an absolute requirement
- At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in a relevant area of law, ideally focused on Energy Sector matters
- Experience of leading on the legal negotiation and drafting of one or more specialist corporate or commercial contracts such as SPAs and supply and construction agreements is a must-have
- Significant experience of providing legal advice and support in relation to renewable energy projects under development as well as project investments/financing/corporate M&A highly desirable
- Team-player with a collaborative, business-minded and positive outlook and working practice
- Clear communicator in written and spoken English and native language (Swedish preferable)
- Able to understand different perspectives and provide a balanced and practical overview of the available options with a recommendation as to the preferred approach
- Able to manage relationships across borders and teams, with colleagues of different backgrounds and level of experience
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension allowance
- Discounted Conditions Fitness
- Supplemental health insurance
- Variable salary (bonus)
We offer exciting challenges as part of a team of professionals and the international focus of our company offers excellent prospects for you. As an expanding supplier in the renewables sector, we create opportunities for personal and professional development. It practically goes without saying that a friendly and cooperative working environment is part of our company culture. As part of the BayWa r.e. renewable energy network, you will benefit from flat hierarchies with short, fast decision-making channels. Our integration into BayWa AG provides security and the opportunities for further development that you would expect of a company this size.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application including your desired salary and earliest possible starting date via our career portal.